Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New book from Václav Klaus is out in English

Blue Planet in Green Shackles.

Luboš Motl has a link to video of Klaus addressing the National Press Club. I could not get it to play; maybe your luck or skill will be better.

Power Line has excerpts from a transcript of the NPC address, including

My today's thinking is fundamentally influenced by the fact that I spent most of my life under the communist regime which ignored and brutally violated human freedom and, as I remember quite well, wanted to command not only the people, but also the nature....

I do not see the future threats to free society coming from the old and old- fashioned communist ideology. The name of the new danger will undoubtedly be different, but its substance will be very similar. Like their predecessors, they will be certain that they have the right to sacrifice man and his freedom to make their idea reality.

In the past, it was in the name of the Marxists or of the proletariat; this time, in the name of the planet. Structurally, it is very similar. The current danger, as I see it, is environmentalism and especially its strongest version, climate alarmism.
More over there.

No comments: