Saturday, March 28, 2009

Vindaloo

England used to be powered by roast beef, and fish and chips. These days, it's vindaloo.

The canonical Fat Les video:



But you want another helping, because the first is never quite enough. The slightly less canonical Fat Les video, as the presenter says, "football, curry, and raving loons are the very foundations on which our great nation are built:"



Les doesn't look as fat as all that. (Or is the name a joke? "Less fat" than, say, the average Manchester United fan? These subtleties sometimes go right past me.)

This is the sort of song that you can sing along on even if you have no idea at all. But I'll give you a little bit of help:

Me and me mum and me dad and me gran went off to Waterloo.
Me and me mum and me dad and me gran and a bucket of vindaloo.
There, that's better, now, isn't it?

No comments: